Regulatory work for professionals
I have been in practice as a solicitor since 1982 and understand the pressures that professionals work under. I had 20 years in partnership and have run my own firm for 15 years and have an intimate knowledge of every aspect of practice.
I have specialised in regulatory work for professionals for over 20 years and during that time I have advised on virtually every aspect of solicitors’ regulation.
Solicitors and accountants are regulated in broadly similar ways and many legal principles apply similarly to both.
I have advised and represented Chartered Accountants in proceedings before the Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants, and the ICAEW. Indeed, the ICAEW regulates firms that comprise solicitors and accountants and I offer experience of both.
I am approachable and knowledgeable and I understand exactly how the regulators work and investigate. I also have a comprehensive understanding of how the Disciplinary Tribunals work and how it deals with hearings.
You cannot learn how to do this from a text book.
How I can help
I can offer expert advice together with supportive and robust representation at any stage of the disciplinary or investigatory process, including the following:
- Advising during the course of an ACCA or ICAEW investigation;
- Helping you prepare written responses to investigatory letters from either;
- Helping you deal with allegations of professional misconduct;
- Advising you how to deal with a prosecution, and how one may be avoided;
- Representing you before the Disciplinary Tribunal;
- Advising you on appeals from the Tribunal to the High Court.
I will work flexibly and collaboratively with you, in whatever is your preferred way to suit your objective and budget.